Dr. Kevin Anderson and his team donated a wonderful door prize to our Snake in the Grass tournament. Tony Spencer was the lucky winner of two bottles of wine and a set of four wine glasses!
HLBC is partnering with the Highlands Community League to provide some sporty lawn bowling fun for the community! Come on out, bring your friends, neighbours, and family! It’s $10 per person per night to bowl. Participants must be age 18 or over, and wear flat-soled shoes. All equipment and basic instruction provided. You bring the fun! You know you want to!
All proceeds from this event will go to the Highlands Community League building fund.
Wanna’ have some fun on the August long weekend? Wanna’ test your bowling skills, too? Then you won’t want to miss the “Snake in the Grass” tournament on Saturday, August 3. Test your abilities as you wind from rink to rink across the green, facing a different challenge at each one along the way. You’ll play four-bowl pairs and your total points will determine the order in which you will bowl for cash prizes.
It all begins at 10 am sharp, so be there by 9:15 am in order for the teams to be drawn.
There will be a potluck lunch – to participate in the pot luck, please sign up at the club – let us know if you are bringing an appetizer, entree, salad, or dessert.
This is guaranteed fun, good food, and cash prizes to boot – it doesn’t get any better! To register for the tournament, click here.
Thanks to Cecilia Gillespie and the Bowls Alberta Youth Committee for this great tournament. Although the tournament was cut short by a downpour, spirits were not dampened. We look forward to better weather next year!
On Wednesday, July 24 at 7 pm, Claire Day will introduce the tools used in measuring and teach the techniques for measuring in lawn bowling. This coaching session is presented free of charge to Highlands Members!
Sign up at the club!
The weather cooperated with our club this morning as we played three fun games, enjoyed a tasty lunch, and won Canada-themed prizes.
Thanks to Jesse from Revolution Cycle, who brought along electric-assist bikes for us to try. It was great!
- A huge thank you to the CN Railroaders! They provided a grant of $750 for our club on behalf of members, Ed and Linda Gallacher. CN is a great community contributor! This funding will be used toward equipment upgrades.
- A big shout and thank you to the Government of Alberta for the Community Facility Enhancement Grant of $9,000. This grant was used toward the purchase of new benches around the green.
Monday, June 10
Regular bowling times:
- Monday 6:45 pm for 7:00 pm start
- Tuesday (Australian Pairs) 6:45 pm for 7:00 pm start
- Wednesday 9:45 am for 10:00 am start
- Wednesday 7:00 pm for lessons and skill training
- Thursday 6:45 pm for 7:00 pm start
- Saturday 9:45 am for 10:00 am start