We are back to modified play at Highlands Lawn Bowling club! The weather is hot and the players are ready to compete! It is great to be playing in small teams while properly social distancing and following all safety protocols. Make sure you sign up on the following link: https://signup.com/go/XAVFRvM. There are various days and times that you can choose from. See you at the club soon!
Happy Canada Day from the Highlands Lawn Bowling Club! This Canada Day picture was taken in 2019. We hope to see you soon at the club as we enter into Phase 2 whereby we can start to play actual games. This will commence July 4th. You must sign up prior to play and be a member.
Our club has been busy with many signing up since our June 13th soft launch into Phase I. Please continue to check our website and facebook page for updates. Use https://signup.com/go/AnBzEdZ. to sign up for practice play. Before you come to bowl, complete the AHS Self Assessment. Be aware of the signs and designated areas. Keep the 2 metre physical distance on and off the greens. Remember, if you are not feeling well, DO NOT COME! Lets keep each other safe by being responsible.
Consider learning the laws of our sport and becoming an Umpire.
Training Sessions for Level 1 Umpires:
1. At home ‘on your own’ session: Introduction to the Laws of the Sport (followed by a 25 question open book exam)
2. Online workshop on measuring equipment and measuring skills
3. A measuring practicum (still considering how we do this)
4. Evaluation: a measuring and oral exam (in person at later date)
Apprenticeship: new umpires mentor with an experienced umpire for a minimum of 4 hours for provincial events. For further info email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Members, Due to COVID-19, we are getting a late start this year. We are actively preparing for Phase One in accordance with Bowls Alberta and Bowls Canada guidelines. Please stay tuned for further information on when we can begin to bowl.
Please note that you must be a paid member to bowl at Highlands Lawn Bowling Club. We would be pleased to answer any inquiries at email@example.com.
Thank you to Hans Doef and his team at Blindman Brewing for sponsoring the prizes for our club’s wind-up dinner! We appreciate your support!
The HLBC wind up dinner will held at the Commonwealth Lawn Bowling Club on October 5. Tickets are $20 for members, and $30 for non-members.
The Annual General Meeting of the Highlands Lawn Bowling Club will be held at 7 pm, Wednesday, September 25 at the club! All members are welcome! Gary has sent out the agenda and minutes from the last meeting.
Dr. Kevin Anderson and his team donated a wonderful door prize to our Snake in the Grass tournament. Tony Spencer was the lucky winner of two bottles of wine and a set of four wine glasses!
- A huge thank you to the CN Railroaders! They provided a grant of $750 for our club on behalf of members, Ed and Linda Gallacher. CN is a great community contributor! This funding will be used toward equipment upgrades.
- A big shout and thank you to the Government of Alberta for the Community Facility Enhancement Grant of $9,000. This grant was used toward the purchase of new benches around the green.